Thank you for trusting Cabrio with your data. Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us, and we are dedicated to being transparent and responsible custodians of your information.
Types of Data We Collect Directly From You:
You might provide us with personal information via our website, mobile application, or by communicating with us through phone, email, or other means. This includes personal information that you share when:
- Create a new account in our website/mobile application.
- Request for quotation.
- Register as a chauffeur.
- Contact us for feedback, queries and support.
- Booking one of our services.
The types of information we collect directly from you include:
- Identity Data (Including the First Name, Last Name and ID Number)
- Passenger Location Data — when you turn on location permissions, this removes the requirement for inserting the address where you are located at. This allows us to provide you with more relevant and accurate search results.
- Contact Data — including your email address, telephone numbers and postal code.
- Chauffeur Location Data — location data provided by chauffeurs allows us to match the available chauffeur or the journey and calculate, using proximity, information such as the chauffeur’s time to the pick-up location, the journey’s distance and the anticipated price for the passenger. Chauffeur location data also allows us to inform you, via push notifications, that the chauffeur has arrived.
- Financial Data — bank account and payment card details (including the expiration date and CVV) in order to process payments. Note that we only use the expiration date and the CVV to confirm the validity of the payment card details, and we do not save the CVV after the payment is confirmed.
- Transaction Data — details about payments to and from you, and other details of products and services you have purchased from us such as location data, pickup and drop-off address, dates, times, distances traveled, amount charged, calls or texts and other related transaction details. We use this information to bill you for our services and to alert you if a payment order has been declined. Note that the sending of these alerts cannot be disabled.
- Technical Data — includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device information such as device ID, device IDFA and other technology on the devices you use to access our website or app.
- Preference Data — including your preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data — including information about how you use our website, app, services and products such as information about app downloads, app and web page histories.
- Marketing and Communications Data — including your preferences in receiving marketing from us, as well as your communication preferences.
- Chauffeur Data — including information provided by any chauffeur or prospective chauffeur, information from a chauffeur’s CV, ID documents, driving license, the name and contact details of any company through which a chauffeur provides their services, information from any lawful background checks, car information and registration.
- Journey Ratings — passengers may rate the chauffeur’s performance and provide us with additional feedback.
We might also require certain details from you in order to verify your identity and guarantee your entitlement to access your personal data (or carry out any of your other granted rights). This security precaution is in place to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of personal information. Additionally, we may contact you for additional information related to your inquiry to expedite our response.
Data We Collect Through Automated Technologies:
While you engage with our website or application, we might gather the aforementioned information automatically, along with details regarding your device, browsing behavior, and trends. This personal data could be collected through mechanisms such as cookies, server logs, and similar technologies.
Data We Collect From Chauffeurs:
In addition to the general information provided to us as described above, our chauffeurs must go through a thorough evaluation before being associated with Cabrio. In addition to a background assessment carried out by our representatives (conducted either in person or through alternative methods), we mandate each chauffeurs to furnish us with:
- Confirmation of their driver’s license, additional identification, and validation of the chauffeur’s eligibility to work in accordance with relevant legal requirements.
- Verification of their criminal history records, or the absence thereof.
- Provision of personal address and date of birth, specifically for anti-money laundering purposes.
We ask chauffeurs to furnish this information to ensure the safety of our users, meet our legal responsibilities towards them, and adhere to relevant legal regulations.
Data We Collect From Other Sources:
We might obtain personal details about a chauffeur to carry out the necessary background check.
When an individual seeks to establish a business account, we could gather the credit score of that individual or the business.
How We Use Your Data And The The Foundation For Our Usage:
We use your personal data:
- To provide and personalize our services: We utilize your information to offer services that cater to your preferences and needs.
- To address inquiries and requests, and offer customer support: We handle your questions and requests while delivering customer assistance.
- To enable direct communication with chauffeurs: We allow you to interact with chauffeurs directly through voice or chat options.
- To fulfill legal obligations and cooperate with authorities: We adhere to legal requirements and collaborate with regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- For marketing and promotional communication: We may contact you via email or push notifications for marketing and offers regarding our products and services (unless you’ve opted out or legal restrictions apply).
- For advertising and marketing, including tailored content: We engage in advertising, including personalized advertising based on your preferences. We measure campaign effectiveness and respect opt-out settings like “limit ad tracking.”
- To enhance marketing messages and make them relevant: We customize marketing messages to make them more engaging and pertinent to you.
- To safeguard rights: We use information to protect our rights and the rights of others.
- For surveys: Participation in surveys assists us in understanding your opinions about our services and adapting them to your specific requirements.\
- To analyze service usage and improve offerings: We analyze how our services are used to enhance and tailor them to customer needs.
- For fraud prevention: Automated technology helps us assess user interactions to ensure legitimate use of our services. We may suspend accounts suspected of fraudulent activity.
We are required to establish a legal foundation for processing your personal information. Typically, this foundation will belong to one of the following categories:
- To fulfill contractual obligations: This includes providing services, managing your account, communicating about bookings, and processing payments.
- To adhere to legal obligations: This involves meeting legal, regulatory, and audit requirements. Cabrio is bound by laws and regulations in its operating countries, necessitating the collection and retention of specific information, such as conducting anti-money laundering checks on chauffeurs.
- To address legitimate interests: We and third parties have legitimate interests in play. For instance, understanding your service usage allows us to create new services. When processing personal information for legitimate interests, we implement strong safeguards to protect your privacy and ensure our interests align with your rights and freedoms.
There are instances where legal mandates or contractual agreements demand us to gather particular personal information about you. Not providing this information could impede or postpone the fulfillment of these obligations. In such scenarios, we will inform you of this situation at the appropriate time.
How We Use The Cookies:
We are committed to offering you choices concerning specific uses of your personal information, especially related to marketing and advertising. In instances where your consent is required by law, we employ cookies, log files, and other technologies to collect personal data from the device you employ to access our website, app, and services.
We may utilize “cookies,” “web beacons,” or “pixel tags” (collectively referred to as “Tags”) and mobile identifiers. Tags enable us to track email receipt, count website visitors, measure email opens, and gather other aggregated data. When you interact with an email containing a Tag, your contact details might be linked back to the original email and its corresponding Tag. Certain emails include a “click-through URL” connected to a specific website operated by us or on our behalf.
You can configure your browser settings to reject all or some cookies, or to receive alerts when websites attempt to set or access cookies. Please be aware that if you disable or decline cookies, certain sections of the website might become inaccessible or not function as expected.
How We Share Your Data:
We might disclose your personal data to third parties in the following situations:
- Sharing of Journey Information Between Passengers and Chauffeurs: When you make a journey booking with us, we will furnish you with specific details once a chauffeur is en route to your location. This information includes: The chauffeur’s first name, photo, and rating. The real-time location of the chauffeur, starting from the point the trip is accepted until its completion.
- Once a chauffeur agrees to take on a journey, we will offer the chauffeur with: Your name (and, if you have supplied it, your picture). The location of your pickup and your intended destination.
- Sharing of Journey Information with Third Parties: In specific scenarios, journey details may be shared with third parties as outlined: If payment is made through a business account, the account owner gains access to journey particulars. If the chauffeur is employed by a Cabrio partner, the partner may access chauffeur details. If you are using a complimentary journey provided by a third party and covered by them, we may furnish the third party with information such as the journey’s date, time, price, and service level.
- Data shared Between Cabrio Group Companies. We may share certain data within the Cabrio Group Companies in order for us to provide services.
- Sharing Information with Law Enforcement, Courts, and Regulators. We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement agencies, courts, regulatory bodies, government authorities, or other third parties if we deem it necessary to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or if it is necessary to safeguard our rights or the rights of any other party.
Data Security And Storage:
We establish technical and organizational safeguards to maintain an appropriate level of security in accordance with the risks associated with the personal data we handle. These measures are designed to preserve the ongoing integrity and confidentiality of personal data. We periodically assess these measures to ensure the security of our data processing activities.
We will keep your personal data for the duration of our association with you. After our relationship concludes, we will keep your personal data for a duration that permits us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes.
- Comply with legal obligations pertaining to record retention.
- Address and manage ongoing or potential legal claims.
- Handle complaints related to our services.
We will delete your personal data once it ceases to be necessary for these intentions. If, due to technical constraints, certain information cannot be completely deleted from our systems, we will implement suitable measures to prevent any additional processing or utilization of the data.
Your Right over Your Personal Data:
You have the option to delete your user account at any time. However, it’s important to be aware that you won’t be able to delete your account if you have any pending payments.
You also have the right to request that we cease sending you marketing communications at any point. This can be done by accessing the website or app, where you can modify your marketing preferences by selecting or deselecting the appropriate options. Alternatively, you can utilize the opt-out links provided in any marketing message you receive.
You possess certain rights concerning your personal information, subject to local laws. These rights encompass:
- Access your personal data.
- Rectify the data we possess about you.
- Erase your personal data.
- Restrict the way we employ your personal data.
- Object to our utilization of your personal data.
- Receive your personal data in a portable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability).
- Lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
You also have the option to specifically object to the processing of your personal information for advertising and data analysis objectives at any given time.
We encourage you to reach out to us if your information requires updating or rectification due to changes or inaccuracies.
If your requests necessitate further information from your end, we will get in touch with you.
Should you wish to discuss or exercise these rights, please don’t hesitate to contact us using our website: https://cabrio.sa/contact-us
Use of our services after an update constitutes consent to the updated notice to the extent permitted by law.